UKZN Risk Management Services

Access Control

The University of KwaZulu-Natal stipulates that all staff (permanent or contract), students and contractors should be issued with a valid UKZN identity card bearing his/her photograph, first name and surname and a valid vehicle access permit.

Access to University campuses, buildings, departments and various facilities is controlled by the use of your UKZN ID card and the vehicle access permit. Please carry your card at all times, and, if lost or stolen, please report this to RMS or ID Card Office IMMEDIATELY. This is to prevent unauthorised use of your card. Also ensure that your vehicle access permit is clearly displayed on the inside of your vehicles windshield.

Be prepared to show your card to RMS or Library personnel at any time if you are asked. Other officers of the University may require your card as identification in labs, examination venues, and sports facilities. You may not refuse to identify yourself.

Services provided:

  • The campus ID Card & Parking Permit Offices, provide the following services:
  • Issue of UKZN ID Cards (staff, student and contractor);
  • Replacement of lost / stolen or damaged campus ID cards;
  • Assigning general access to staff, student and contractors;
  • Issue of Vehicle Access Permits (VAP) for vehicles.
Click here to locate the ID Card & Parking Permit Offices on the 5 campuses.